is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
We are currently helping our client, a high net-worth family office, with their search for a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager.
Duration - Permanent/FTE
Location - Kirkland, WA - Local candidates only, please
The Financial Planning and Analysis Manager (FP&A) manages budgeting, reporting, forecasting, and financial analysis services for the organization.
Annual Operating Plan
Forecasting Process Development
- Manage the annual budgeting process for five organizations; develop and implement continuous process improvements
- Collaborate with finance leadership to facilitate department review meetings, creating support content and reconciling data as required
- Create budget presentations for the organization
- Ready all systems required for the planning process, including access, security, testing and training
Financial Reporting and Forecasting
- Support the implementation of a new forecasting process across the organization, managing overall timelines, workflow and deliverables that include requirements gathering, development, testing, training and reporting
- Lead the monthly actuals upload process into Oracle PBCS
- Work with finance leadership and other planning managers to support the project accounting process and recommend enhancements; maintain budget structure, setup and reporting
- Assist with change management as required
Analysis and Accounting
- Manage financial reporting for five organizations and provide data as needed to stakeholders
- Partner with third-party accountants to retrieve data and produce it in company formats for consolidated review purposes
- Meet with directors and managers monthly to review financial reports, update annual forecasts, and identify necessary reclassifications
- Reconcile data on an on-going basis to ensure integrity across all systems
- Reconcile, update and distribute the annual forecasts to planning managers on a monthly basis
- Provide guidance and assistance to directors and managers requesting variance approvals
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial statements using multiple databases and systems to consolidate budget and accounting data
- Drive the preparation of the monthly Executive Summary document
General Finance Responsibilities
- Maintain key monthly analyses and provide ad hoc analysis to senior leaders and Principals, as requested
- Partner closely with Accounting regarding the timing, accuracy and reporting requirements for changes in locations, departments, natural accounts, or projects
- Review and update policies and procedures that improve efficiencies and align to strategic business initiatives
- Identify, recommend and implement continual process improvements in annual budgets, financial reporting, annual forecasting and other finance-related operations
- Maintain the reporting statement distribution lists for communication of changes to the organization (management, locations, departments, natural accounts, or projects)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Manages a statement of work and may oversee daily work activities of employees, contract staff and/or vendors but does not directly manage employees
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor degree. MBA, preferred.
- 10+ years related financial experience; additional education may be substituted for experience
- Experience developing KPIs, metrics, operating reports, consolidation reports and variance documents
- Proven track record of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, requiring a high level of attention to detail while maintaining focus on the big picture
- Experience using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, think-cell, OneNote, Oracle, Hyperion, Tableau and SQLTechnical proficiency in the use of software applications, databases, electronic spreadsheets and graphical software
- Demonstrated facility in navigating between systems as necessary to retrieve and synthesize data; system admin competence, preferred.
- Must be able to work collegially and collaboratively
- Experience managing a diverse team to produce required results
- Experience partnering with different stakeholders to effectively assist them in managing their businesses, adapting to different personalities and skill sets as required
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and practices, payroll practices, and general office procedures
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak effectively with individuals and to groups of internal/external customers and business partners
- Strong problem-solving/analytical skills
- Exceptional organization skills and the ability to prioritize work to consistently meet deadlines and commitments
- Work is done in a professional and quiet open office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
- Some occasional light lifting may be required.
- Regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers to handle or touch/sense, talk and hear.
- Domestic and International travel may be required
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain international travel documents such as a US passport or other equivalent documents
- Must be able to satisfy a robust background check and related requirements