is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
We are currently helping our client with their search for an Application Developer
that can join their team with an inquisitive mind and impact the department for the better as they work into the future. This is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking amazing work/life balance, stability and FUN in their next position.
Full Time - Direct Hire
Sponsorship not available at this time**
Remote work not available – Local Candidates Only Please**
As an Application Developer, you’ll be supporting ERP systems (Sage 500), developing SQL views of data, modernizing and transitioning Access/SSIS Reporting/Programs, and writing stored procedures. Occasionally during times of peak tickets, you will be called upon to support our help desk team. The team is small and collaborative. There’s a lot of room to learn and grow!
Your analytical nature, strong problem-solving capabilities, ability to clearly restate user needs, and communicate systems capabilities are needed in this role. This job requires independent analysis, initiative, and sound judgment. We expect our IT staff to give excellent service with as much customer service as possible, regardless of the situation.
Our client is really looking for someone with a broad range of experience developing and supporting both software and back-end database(s).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Highly Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Five + years of combined experience and / or education in software development using the Microsoft stack. (.Net/SQL/C#/VB).
- Demonstrable experience with SQL, including writing complex queries.
- Business analysis, coding, QA testing, and system documentation
- Strong customer service skills and dedication to meeting end users’ needs with patience, grace, professionalism, empathy, and understanding.
- Meticulous, organized, thoughtful, and logical in problem solving.
- Bachelor’s degree in IS, Computer Science, or a related field
- ERP (Sage), WMS, Financial experience.
- Crystal Reports/SSRS etc.