is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
We are currently helping our client, a high net-worth family office, with their search for a Private Chef.
Duration - Long-term, ongoing contract
Location - Seattle, WA - Local candidates only, please
The Private Chef is responsible for menu creation and preparation of meals to be served at multiple Principal residences.
- Creates recipes and prepares meals for the Principals according to preferences. Develops recipes and introduces new dishes that align with Principal preferences.
- Handles the purchasing of food, taking advantage of fresh foods in season and developing a roster of reliable merchants of quality foods
- Occasionally cooks and prepares meals for large parties in excess of 20 people. Will coordinate and oversee the work of multiple vendors for furniture rental, catering, food and beverage service, etc.
- Complies with proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards. Keeps work area neat and clean at all times. Cleans equipment used in food preparation.
- Maintains all kitchen equipment to sure all equipment is in working condition. Resolves or coordinates any equipment repairs or maintenance that is needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- Will direct and oversee the work of contract staff and vendors during events.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience with residential cooking or related experience
- 3+ years of experience with menu creation and development of unique dishes
- Knowledge of Safe Food Handling practices.
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors degree in Culinary Arts (preferred)
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Attention to detail.
- Commitment to superior service.
- Ability to anticipate possible problems and come up with solutions well ahead of time
- Collaborative team player
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license with safe driving record.
- Cats are in the house. Must be able to work on premises where cats live.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, wet or humid conditions (non-weather), work near moving mechanical parts, and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Light work. This role may require exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Must have vision, taste and olfactory senses appropriate to recognizing and evaluating quality of products
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; talk; hear; use hands/manual dexterity, and fingers to handle or touch/sense, and reach and stretch with hands and arms.
- May occasionally be required to climb or balance, crouch, squat, kneel, stoop or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.