is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
We are currently helping our client, a groundbreaking aerospace and spaceflight company, with their search for a Sr. Windchill Developer
- 6 month contract; potential for extension or permanent conversion
- Kent, WA
*Work sponsorship is not available at this time*
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will participate in the development and implementation of Windchill Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) for New Glenn spaceflight systems. We are seeking an experienced individual with excellent configuration, customization, development, and analytics skills who can thrive in a fast paced environment. You will be primarily responsible for the team that implements and configure PLM system used by the New Glenn business unit. You will ensure the implementation is consistent with company policies. In this hands-on position, you'll work to increase the speed and efficiency of the program by supporting the timely delivery, quality, and transparency of data to support program activity and business systems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight. Responsibilities:
- Strong software process discipline including best-practice design, development, testing, and build, deploy disciplines via CI/CD.
- Lead development, configuration and customization of PLM User experience via ThingWorx framework.
- Work with business analysts/process owners to transform the requirements to solutions implementation in Windchill
- Participate or possibly lead discussions with designers pertaining to process development as it relates to tools used for new product development.
- Coordinate unit, system, and integration level test plans, execution, and documentation of results.
- Knowledge and experience with understanding and guiding engineering lifecycle workflow change management practices and approaches.
- Able to develop integrations with JIRA to Windchill.
- Experience in configuration and management of Windchill.
- Verify coding by performing unit testing and trial runs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science and/or Engineering required
- 5-year practical development experience required leveraging Windchill APIs
- Sound knowledge of ThingWorks APIs and Windchill Data Model
- Skills in using Java Development Tools (Eclipse) and Source Code Management Systems (GIT)
- Knowledge of and experience with Agile Software Development (Scrum) is a plus
- Knowledge of testing frameworks and proven track record on following them is a plus
- Familiarity with export control (EAR/ITAR) regulations
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Java Certification
- PTC ThingWorx client SDK and edge development
- Development experience with DOORS Next Generation
- Development experience with Confluence & JIRA
- Database skills with SQL, queries, etc