is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
We are currently helping our client, a growing spaceflight company, with a search for an Help Desk Technician
for a variety of Tier 1 and some Tier 2 support as the first responder to end user needs.
- 6+ months
– Kent, WA - Local candidates only, please
Work sponsorship is not available at this time.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will provide 1st level computer support to our engineers and staff to support a company building space vehicles. You must have a passion for solving complex and interesting problems and be adaptable as you’ll encounter a variety of issues.
The IT Help Desk Technician I is a member of the Information Technology department and reports directly to the Manager of IT Support. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Minimum of an A.S. degree in information technology or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience working in information technology help desk, basic hardware or software troubleshooting, and being in a customer facing position
- Experience with Windows: Windows 7 and Windows 10; Microsoft Office: Outlook, Project, and Visio; Adobe products; Antivirus, Disk Encryption, and VPN applications
- Customer service-oriented attitude to support and instruct computer users, most of whom have extensive science and engineering backgrounds, and require efficient resolution of complex problems -
- Knowledge of system imaging technologies, such as Windows Deployment Services and Microsoft SCCM
- Able to quickly adapt to fast changing priorities and deadlines
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Maintain a presence at the help desk during business hours to log tickets, field walk-up requests and answer calls
- Troubleshoot computers, printers, phones, and other devices through customer walk-ups, over the phone, or through an online ticketing system
- Actively work in the online ticketing system to triage, respond, and escalate or route tickets to the appropriate teams in a timely manner to maintain department service level agreements
- Perform 1st level help desk duties, following documented procedures
- Install, configure, deploy, and remove computer hardware, software, and peripherals
- Image new computers and re-image existing computers - Maintain an inventory of all computer hardware