is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
We are currently helping our client, a high net-worth family office, with their search for a Sr. Systems Engineer.
Duration - Long-term, ongoing contract
Location - Seattle, WA - Local candidates only, please
This position is focused on the design, implementation, and daily operation of internal server environment, enterprise cloud services, operating system deployment, server virtualization, and storage area network infrastructure. The Senior Systems Engineer is also responsible for supporting technology projects, resolving escalated service tickets from the IT Helpdesk, and serving as an ambassador of IT to the rest of the organization.
This position has many responsibilities and is expected to come up to speed quickly on a wide array of systems, proprietary software, processes and user preferences. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support to various business units and organizations. Currently supporting 2 companies fully, with auxiliary support for technology support staff for an additional 3 companies.
- Implementation, daily operation & administration, of anti-virus, backup, security patches, and troubleshooting of all Windows servers, consisting of SQL servers, Exchange servers, and storage area network components.
- Daily operations, design, and support of virtualized development & production environments, including server builds and environment scheduling.
- Daily operations and configuration of the keyboard, video, mouse (KVM) switching infrastructure.
- Support resolution of Level 3 service tickets, as needed, in a timely manner.
- Provide project support in the timely completion of Infrastructure projects, milestone dates, commitments, and deliverables.
- Provide hands-on configuration, installation, maintenance, and backup of servers and system data.
- Provide technical leadership as related to Windows Servers and SAN environments.
- Provide technical oversight to vendors and consultants, as needed.
- Assist in the development of Information Technology policies and procedures.
- Adhere to Information Technology policies and procedures.
- Provide offsite On-Call support on a rotating basis.
- Some infrequent travel may be required for this position.
- Other duties and tasks, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years of relevant IT experience in managing a Windows-based server environment.
- Expert knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, and other core Windows infrastructure services.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft desktop and server operating systems Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016.
- In-depth knowledge of Exchange, SQL, System Center, SharePoint, and backup systems.
- Experience with software and hardware virtualization.
- In-depth working knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Familiarity with client-based VPN technologies and concepts
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 and Office 2016 installation and problem solving.
- Experience in troubleshooting and replacing desktop & laptop PC internal components.
- Experience with managing mobile devices including phones and tablets running Android, iOS, and Windows Mobile.
- The ability to support multiple projects and operational tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, customer relationship, and customer support skills.
- Experience in customer communications, working with non-technical individuals in time sensitive situations, demonstrating positive and proactive attitude.
- Ability to work independently while taking direction from superiors, co-workers, and internal customers.
- Experience working with enterprise level Help Desk/IT ticketing systems to log incidents and service requests.
- Emphasis on customer service skills a must, with experience working with a wide variety of people via phone, e-mail and in person very important.
- Must be organized and self-motivated to handle multiple tasks or questions without supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver unique projects on time and within budget.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and privacy, and constantly exercise solid judgment and discretion in all matters related to the work.
- MCSE certification strongly desired.
- CompTIA A+, Network+ and/or Security+ certifications highly encouraged.
- Degree is not required, but higher education is preferred.