is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
We are assisting our CLIENT with their search for an Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant to support a HNWI located in Seattle, WA. The Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant will work closely with the family office and Foundation personnel, immediate and extended family and close friends, and numerous external constituents.
: Seattle, WA (Wallingford)
Key Responsibilities of the Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the EA/PA is responsible for delivering high quality, comprehensive administrative support spanning the array of the Principal's activities. The EA/PA ensures that day-to-day coordination, travel, logistics and other support needs are attended to in a professional and comprehensive manner.
The successful candidate will move fluidly between support for the Principal's philanthropic and business responsibilities as well as their family and personal activities. The EA/PA will engage closely with family members as well as others in the Principal's circle of relationships. The EA/PA will be invited to bring creativity and flexibility to an array of support tasks, while exercising discretion.
Communications/Calendar Coordination – Manage a complex calendar and communicate effectively with an array of internal and external parties:
Travel - Ensure travel plans are proactive, comprehensive and smoothly coordinated:
- Manage a complex calendar of internal and external activities while using strong judgment, understanding the Principal's time and availability, fostering important relationships, and maintaining strict confidentiality.
- As part of a team, engage in formal scheduling process that actively collaborates on the annual rhythm of the business obligations.
- Work with the Chief of Staff and others to coordinate the assembly of all briefing and background materials for meetings and travel.
- Facilitate smooth and effective communications by reviewing, tracking, and responding to email, mail, invitations, and screening incoming phone calls.
- Communicate necessary schedule information to partnering businesses and personal contacts, including family and staff.
- Act as liaison for speaking engagements and other events, coordinating with speechwriters, host organizations, and the Principal concerning all details of the event.
- Communicate on the Principal's behalf across a range of personal and philanthropic audiences. Develop and maintain contact lists and relationships with outside entities. Contacts can span government, business, education, philanthropic, family, and social relationships.
- Scheduling community meetings to ensure that the Principal is able to engage and develop relationships with those most impacted by the systems the foundation seeks to reform.
Other Activities – Provide support across an array of areas
- Handle end-to-end travel arrangements whether commercial, private, or other.
- In collaboration with the executive office team, determine appropriate travel dates and accommodations required for domestic and international travel.
- Prepare the Principal and family for travel including detailed itinerary, memos, phone and address lists, requested reading materials, travel materials, etc.
- Provide area-specific travel information such as geographic features, local customs, restaurants, special events, and points of interest. Verify arrival and departure times, trace routes on maps, and arrange for baggage handling and other services as requested.
- Handle travel research and planning, and when appropriate work with outside adventure travel & tour companies.
- Arrange for passport, visa, and inoculation requirements, customs regulations, and currency exchange rates as required.
Education and Competencies:
- Receive and organize receipts for monthly expense reporting.
- Research current events, activities, locations, and other data to provide the Principal with background information prior to travel or events.
- Work with technical support on all technology issues ensuring fast resolution and effective planning for technology support needs.
- Communicate and coordinate closely with other team members to ensure seamless delivery of services; work with appropriate team member to provide mutual backup when needed.
- Provide support for projects which includes ticket management, working with a team on events, and other special projects as needed.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested.
The successful candidate will possess exceptional skills in the areas of judgment, organization, diplomacy, discretion, interpersonal relationships, and written and oral communications.
- 10+ years of experience in administrative and executive support roles or other relevant experience, including at least three years of experience providing comprehensive support for a top executive in a private business or charitable organization.
- Tenacious attention to detail.
- Highly competent with the suite of Microsoft Office products including experience with OneNote.
- Expert level skills with Email and Calendar Management via Outlook.
- Ability to work across teams in a matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining confidentiality; trustworthy; proven discretion handling sensitive information.
- Implements effective tools and processes to organize, prioritize and execute tasks and meet deadlines.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; ability to effectively and respectively communicate across lines of difference.
- Thrives in a role with a wide array of responsibilities, enjoys working in a close collaborative team and work setting, and takes joy in developing close working partnerships.
- Ability to be proactive, to anticipate and prevent problems before they occur.
- On occasion, willing to work extended hours to complete support activities