is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
We are currently helping our client, USAFacts, a search for a Data Manager to join their growing team. USAFacts is a not-for-profit, non-partisan civic initiative privately founded and funded by Steve Ballmer. The mission is to provide the American public free access to comprehensive, contextual, and unbiased government data so that discourse and decision-making is rooted in fact. Check it out at USAFacts.org!
- Bellevue, WA
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
The Data Manager will further expand the USAFacts data offering into new datasets, topics and geographies; establish rules and best practices for use of data; maximize data quality; research and recommend data vendors as needed; and drive forward the organization’s data roadmap. This role will work with team members to ensure that the organization presents accurate data and analysis. This position resides on the product team and will work across the organization to ensure data needs are met. Candidates should have deep experience with and knowledge of the public sector and government data.
Key Priorities and Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Research and evaluate sources of government data to determine reliability and usability of data; make recommendations on datasets and sources to include in the USAFacts database
- Maintain unified data roadmap and requirements for data needs across product and marketing teams and external partners
- Establish policies and standards for accurately using and analyzing data across the organization's products and marketing materials
- Manage metadata; ensure proper tagging across datasets; recommend appropriate accessibility of metadata for endusers
- Maximize data quality internally and externally; own knowledge of existing data; maintaining and track the recency of and correctness of existing data
- Manage and create data requirements for existing data partners; Identify and recommend additional vendors as needed to fill gaps and fulfill product and marketing requirements
- Provide guidance and oversight for building metadata schemas that describe the appropriate analytical techniques that can be applied to datasets
Required Experience and Skills:
- Degree in government, economics, mathematics, statistics, information sciences, computer science or related field; advanced degree recommended
- 5-10 years’ experience in data management, product management, or similar roles
- Subject matter expertise of government administrative and statistical data at the federal or local level; experience in public sector preferred
- Proven track record of working with large and complex datasets and processes
- Strong communications skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively with leadership and to manage data partners
- Ability to create and manage processes and work with team members in a startup environment
- Knowledge of statistical software, data query languages, database structures, and business intelligence tools (R/Python, GIS/ESRI, and SQL preferred)