Hansell Tierney is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
We are currently assisting our client with their Direct Hire search for a Grants Administrator.
Our client is a mission-based organization focused on incubating and communicating new ideas, approaches, and products that improve the lives of people around the world, especially for the bottom two billion poorest people. Their work covers some of the most important global challenges in climate, energy, health, education, and development.
Limited, approx 3-4 times per year domestically
Must be able to pass a very extensive background investigation
This new role will further our mission priorities by providing comprehensive grant and contract management support across our portfolio of programs. This person will administer the growing contract and grantmaking program, integrate those efforts into operational databases and online management tools, and engage with our team and external partners/grantees to initiate, track, and report on all funded activities. The role will require the ability to manage multiple project deadlines, discreetly execute financial transactions, and coordinate with the with the teams in the US and Europe
Administer ongoing grant program and contract execution
• Take full ownership of grant program execution, remaining attentive and responsive to related program and team needs.
• Lead in correspondence and coordination with project leads, internal counsel, and external partners to develop, review, and execute all grant and contract agreement documents for the team.
• Build and maintain a robust grants management program for the team, identifying gaps and making adjustments as needed.
• Work with all project leads to ensure consistency, reduce duplication, and streamline processes both internally and for our external partners.
• Communicate with all grantees (potential and active) over the course of the grant period regarding program and payment milestones, coordinating with other team members to ensure that appropriate points of contacts are engaged.
Manage internal grant and contract databases
• Input all grant/contract information (including potential and active grants) into our existing CRM database
• Create and manage all templates (statement of work, budget, etc.) for efficient integration into the CRM system.
• Manage administration of all grants and contracts (including monitoring status, entering all grant/contract documentation, managing all financial information, etc.).
• Create reports for project managers, both by request and by proactively identifying opportunities where reports would be helpful to the team’s programmatic priorities.
• Identify technical and operational challenges with the CRM and propose solutions to address them; work to implement and troubleshoot solutions.
• Develop a grant/contract glossary to define all wording in the CRM to ensure clarity for all users.
• Implement and maintain an internal contract database, aligned as needed with the grants database, that keeps record of all contract agreement documents and tracks status of contract review/execution/amendments.
Education and Work Experience
• A minimum of 5 years related experience in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment – with specific experience in grants and/or contract management.
• A four-year degree or equivalent in business, science, or liberal arts background.
• Proven track record in the following areas:
o Achieving positive, concrete results contributing to an organization’s success.
Customer Service Focus
o Working efficiently and diligently on the task at hand, putting in whatever time and effort is needed to do an excellent job.
o Working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that demands professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
• Approach the job with a focus on providing excellent customer service – the rest of our team members across geographies are the primary focus, while other colleagues and ancillary partners also deserve the highest level of service excellence.
• Take time to understand what people within the team’s respective networks are asking for and help prioritize and respond to these requests.
• Build and maintain relationships – and constantly strive to improve on your service.
Written and Verbal Communication
• Ability to process/respond to a high volume of email with clarity and accuracy.
• Ability to distill complex information into simple, consumable concepts.
• Ability to compose executive correspondence.
• Ability to design and implement organized, consistent processes and systems.
• Respond to critical messages right away with same-day turnaround for top priority requests.
• Same-day responsiveness to less urgent requests providing time-frame for an answer or solution.
• Accessible on nights/weekends as needed.
• Proficient in using MS Outlook, Word, OneNote, Teams, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with CRM systems.
Each employee makes a significant contribution to the success of an organization. That contribution is not limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified or assigned. It is expected that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure overall success.