is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
We are currently assisting our client with their Direct Hire search for an Executive Business Administrator.
Our client is a mission-based organization focused on incubating and communicating new ideas, approaches, and products that improve the lives of people around the world, especially for the bottom two billion poorest people. Their work covers some of the most important global challenges in climate, energy, health, education, and development.
Limited, approx 3-4 times per year domestically
Must be able to pass a very extensive background investigation
This new role will assist team members and provide general office management support to our Washington DC office. This person will provide administrative support with a focus on management of daily administrative activities, procurement of supplies, travel research and logistics, coordination with property management, and logistical coordination with internal and external partners.
This role includes calendar administration, corresponding logistical support and document collection and/or preparation. This position will also provide project support. The role assists with preparation of all documents and materials as requested, all while exercising the highest level of professionalism and discretion. It will require the ability to manage multiple project deadlines and coordinate with the team in the Seattle area.
• Provide administrative support to the climate and clean energy team in the DC office.
• Coordinate closely with the Senior Executive Business Administrator and Office Manager, to ensure alignment of priorities, shared responsibilities and delegation of tasks.
• Provide routine notifications to several key business partners.
• Serve as team members’ surrogate for related companies’ staff, communicating preferences and appropriate actions.
• Liaison to other stakeholders, relaying timely/critical information to and from team members.
• Distribute appropriate communications to appropriate personnel for actions to be taken using good judgment and discretion in communicating sensitive information.
• Coordinate and collaborate with the administrative, communications and strategy teams based in the Seattle area office.
Office Administration, Planning and Workflow
• Manage workload for the team members by screening and prioritizing correspondence, coordinating meetings, preparing briefing documents and arranging frequent domestic and international trips – while being receptive and responsive to facilitating last-minute changes with utmost confidentiality.
• Maintain rhythm of standing meetings with key partners and project checkpoints.
• Prioritize incoming requests and stay on top of what’s happening in the moment to be able to adjust if something runs long or a late-breaking top priority item needs slotting-in.
• Optimize calendars for tomorrow/this week/next week/this month.
• Proactively anticipate and review next month/next quarter/longer-range plans.
• Everyday maintenance of day-to-day functional calendar.
• Responsible for scheduling many routine appointments.
• Confirming all appointments on a daily basis.
• Strict adherence to all set standards for documents and communications to ensure precision.
• Coordinate and arrange meetings, reference agendas, and properly archive notes from meetings.
• Maintain Contacts database in Outlook and MSFT Dynamics.
• Coordination and cross-collaboration of multiple calendars with other team members.
Travel Administration and Event Planning
• Research and book flights, hotels and ground transportation.
• Coordinate and communicate itineraries among travelers, ensuring minute-by-minute flow for all travel arrangements and meetings on the road.
• Be aware of the itinerary as it occurs in real time and be available to facilitate last-minute changes and requests.
• Maintain, monitor and update preferences regarding travel arrangements, routes, time schedules, fares, and types of accommodations. Keep current directory of supporting documentation.
• Manage event logistics including developing agenda and meeting materials, coordinating meetings and travel, organizing dinners and events, and planning for audiovisual and other requirements to support presentations to target audiences.
Correspondence and Time Management
• Routinely flag inboxes for team members and schedule frequent conversations with both to review follow-ups/deliverables/requests for time.
• Ensure laser focus on what the team members need to attend to in the moment.
Accounting and Reporting
• Reconcile charges made to corporate Visa cards.
Education and Work Experience
• A minimum of 5 years of “C” suite executive administration or related experience in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
• A four-year degree or equivalent in business, science or liberal arts background.
• Proven track record in the following areas:
o Focus on achieving positive, concrete results contributing to the organizations success.
o Can work in an environment with role overlap, ambiguity and conflicting points of view.
o Works constantly to find the most effective way to achieve intended results.
o Works efficiently and diligently on the task at hand, putting in whatever time and effort is needed to do an excellent job.
o Recognizes quickly when the progress towards results is slowing or stalling and takes immediate action to get back on track.
Customer Service Focus
o Accepts difficult goals or assignments and gets right to work.
o Perseveres in drive for results even when faced with difficulties and setbacks.
• Approach the job with a focus on providing excellent customer service – the team members and the rest of the DC team are the primary focus, while Seattle area colleagues and ancillary partners also deserve the highest level of service excellence.
• Take time to understand what people within the team’s respective networks are asking for and help prioritize and respond to these requests.
• Build and maintain relationships – and constantly strive to improve on your service.
• Responsive and able to juggle shifting priorities and manage change.
Written and Verbal Communication
• Meeting planning, briefing and coordination.
• Ability to process/respond to a high volume of email and phone calls with clarity and accuracy.
• Ability to distill complex information into simple, consumable concepts.
• Ability to compose executive correspondence.
• Ability to design and implement organized, consistent processes and systems.
• Respond to critical messages right away with same-day turnaround for top priority requests.
• Same-day responsiveness to less urgent requests providing time-frame for an answer or solution.
• Meet all deadlines or ask for a reasonable extension in advance of the deadline.
• Accessible on nights/weekends as needed.
Confidentiality and Trustworthiness
• Proven track record of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that demands professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
• Demonstrated attention to detail while maintaining a focus on the big picture.
• Provide the “right amount” of detail/context.
• If something goes awry own up to it and move on.
• Proficient in using MS Outlook, Word, OneNote, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Project management and facilitation.
• Expert at booking travel online for some trips and partnering with a travel agent for others.
• Event planning and execution.
Each employee makes a significant contribution to the success of an organization. That contribution is not limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified or assigned. It is expected that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure overall success.