Hansell Tierney is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
We are currently assisting our client with their search for a Contracts Specialist.
: 7 months
Kirkland, WA -
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
Work sponsorship is not available at this time.
The Contracts Specialist will provide contract administration and management support. This includes provision of guidance and education to internal stakeholders across the organization on type of contracts, and on business risk mitigation issues. This role involves the negotiation of the legal terms and conditions of contracts; providing a legal analysis of the associated risks; and related advice to address, manage and mitigate the risks identified. Contracts Specialist will work with internal stakeholders and vendors to reach consensus on contract redlines. The position will also work directly with new vendors to establish proposal guidelines and expectations regarding required insurance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the core responsibilities
Education and Experience:
- Manage contracting process which includes review and final approval of all outgoing contracts.
- Draft and implement new and renewal contracts
- Serve as primary contact for contracting.
- Ensure legal terms are understood by all stakeholders and use sound judgement in developing comprehensive solutions on substantive legal issues.
- Negotiate non-standard terms with opposing counsel, securing necessary approvals and driving efficient close on business and legal terms.
- Maintain, update, and revise legal forms.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to review, revise and incorporate enhancements into contract language and processes.
- Own internal communication on revised legal processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Juris Doctor, preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years of professional experience in contract administration
- 3+ years project management experience, preferred
- Experience with insurance/procurement, preferred
- Must be able to work collegially and collaboratively.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to create, plan and successfully execute projects
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively and diplomatically with all levels of personnel
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent drafting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High degree of cultural and emotional intelligence
- Ability to team effectively with colleagues in other functions
- Ability to assess size and scope of contemplated transactions and to tailor contracts and negotiation effort accordingly
- Highly responsive with ability to manage high workload volumes efficiently and effectively
- Works independently with limited supervision
- Work is done in a typical open office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some occasional light lifting may be required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; talk; hear; use hands/manual dexterity, and fingers to handle or touch/sense, and reach and stretch with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, night vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to climb or balance, crouch, squat, kneel, stoop or crawl.
- Domestic and International travel may be required.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain international travel documents such as a US passport or other equivalent documents.