Hansell Tierney is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
We are currently helping our client, a SaaS for Security and Network Solutions company, with a search for a Sr. Manager, Threat Research.
- Direct Hire/FTE
- Tacoma, WA
We are seeking a threat intelligence and research expert to join the Cyber Intelligence Unit as Senior Manager of our Threat Research team. The role manages an international team of threat researchers and intelligence analysts. The team works closely with product managers and other internal and external engineering teams to deliver top-tier, curated, and proprietary threat intelligence to protect our customers.
As the Senior Manager, Threat Research, you will continue to grow the team who profiles and tracks global threats using commercial, publicly available, and internally developed sources. You’ll lead the team to mature and advance our methodologies and tools for converting these large sources into high-quality threat feeds and contribute additional expertise to fueling algorithm development, including that by our data scientists.
As an ideal candidate, you will possess hands-on expertise with the latest technologies, procedures, and processes for acquiring intelligence and have practical experience processing, analyzing, and disseminating information.
Manage the team of threat researchers & analysts
- Contribute to intelligence strategy
- Liaise with your peers in the industry to share threat intelligence and participate in cybersecurity initiatives across the industry
- Manage the cyber threat intelligence lifecycle
- Build and utilize platforms for threat monitoring, campaign detection, malware hunting, and security analytics
- Oversee the evolution of our intelligence workflows and tools capable of storing threat actor and malware family traits, campaign information, and indicators
- Develop key dashboards for threat management activities and outcome reporting
- Actively research APT type threats, 0-day exploits, and advanced malware families
- 10+ years of experience to include:
- 7+ years in leadership management roles
- 5+ years of experience in intelligence analysis and familiarity with analytic standards and tradecraft
- Experience with threat hunting, red team, incident response, or forensics professional
- Experience and familiarity with analytic standards and tradecraft
- Knowledge of system and network security, authentication, cryptography, and application security
- Experience with honeynets and sinkholes
- Strong managerial expertise developing and mentoring direct reports
- Malware analysis and reverse engineering experience
- Experience with log analysis and network packet capture and analysis
- Reading/Writing skills in non-English languages such as Russian, Chinese, Italian, Spanish, French, Farsi, Arabic, Korean, Urdu, Portuguese, etc. preferred
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS, CE, or related field