is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Started in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We partner with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We handle every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service possible while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. We treat each client and candidate interaction like we would want to be treated. Our business runs on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
is assisting our client with their search for a IT Help Desk Manager.
Seattle (Downtown) – public transportation is ideal for this location
Sponsorship not available at this time
Our client seeks an IT Help/Service Desk Manager that will excel in department and team leadership. The Help/Service Desk Manager is expected to become a SME on all systems and technologies their team supports, including: hardware, software, the help desk ticket system, and policies and procedures.
The Help Desk Manager is expected to be able to respond to, investigate, and work to resolve help desk tickets in a timely manner – providing excellent customer service while meeting or exceeding turnaround times whenever possible. Ultimately, you will be responsible for the team providing high level technical support with excellent customer service.
- Recruit, train and support Help Desk Technicians, conduct employee evaluations, etc.
- Develop an assessment of the Help Desk function and provide recommendations for ongoing improvement for the near and short term
- Provide continuous monitoring, escalation, and management of help desk tickets received by the Help Desk ticket system
- Guarantee quality, accuracy, and timelines amongst the Help Desk Team members when completing employee on-boarding and off-boarding policies and procedures.
- Will work with HR (People Practice) to guarantee efficient and accurate shut down of all exiting employees per HR’s instruction.
- Partner closely with Workplace Experience to ensure clear communication to ensure a smooth and effective onboarding of new employees and contractors
- Guarantee the technical capabilities of our conference rooms and meeting space
- Respond to Tier 1 Help Desk tickets and assist the Help Desk Technicians with escalations, resolving tickets, or escalating issues as needed to Technical Specialist, System Administrator, System Engineering or the Director of IT
- Provide leadership and demonstrate experience by working with the Help Desk Technicians to increase their technical capabilities, troubleshooting skills, as well as consistency and quality when following IT department policies
- Provide accurate and consistent reporting as to the health of the Help Desk ticket system including outstanding ticket count and ageing statistics
- Excellent customer service skills
- Thorough understanding of Windows and Apple Desktop Operating Systems, as well as VMware desktop virtualization products (VMware Fusion, Workstation, Director, and View)
- Ability to troubleshoot user level network issues and equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex Desktop issues in a timely manner
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to provide detailed technical analysis to the Director of IT, Systems Engineers and other Technical Employees in a formal presentation setting
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Proven ability to respond quickly to ever-shifting priorities
- Desire to learn about and implement new technologies, policies, and procedures
- Passionate about the customer service and helping users get the most out of the technology available
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role; with 5+ years’ experience in IT