is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
We are currently helping our client, a high net-worth family office, with their search for a Senior Software Engineer
, who will report to the Sr. Manager, AV and Control Systems.
Duration - Long-term, ongoing contract (Full Benefits, Insurance, Vacation, Holidays, 401k)
Location - Kirkland, WA - Local candidates only, please
The Senior Software Engineer provides development and support for all Audio/Video Control for the Home Control Systems (HCS) as well as Security Systems software development and support.
This position requires a solid team player with exemplary technical and organizational communication skillsets. A key success factor is strong development skills in C# with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Signal R, and XAML. The ability to work collaboratively with other developers, design engineers, operations engineers, purchasers, manufacturers, contractors, vendors and other internal staff. The individual in this role must be comfortable working within a highly dynamic environment with shifting priorities.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong developer background in Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Microsoft Signal R, XAML, and Windows Server 2019 technologies
- Strong background in C# and .NET
- Background in integrating Audio/Video systems from AMX, QSC QSys, Lutron, Kaleidescape, Roku, Brightsign.
- Write custom code/scripts supporting audio video and home control systems across multiple platforms such as AMX and Windows.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, and charts.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to ensure control systems meet expectations for usability, functionality and reliability.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems, and/or escalate and manage problem resolution when other assistance is required.
- Author and review as built documentation, test plans, client documentation and functional requirements
- Proactively communicate project and task status to project stakeholders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with a high degree of accuracy. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field. A combination of industry certifications and professional experience can be taken into consideration in lieu of a degree.
A minimum of 7-10 years of hands on experience developing software systems using C# and Windows .NET Systems.
- C#, WPF, Signal R, XAML, .NET, AMX, Windows, Kaleidescape, Lutron, QSC Q-Sys
- Working knowledge of the technical aspects of commercial and consumer grade AV systems installation/maintenance, performance monitoring.
- An in-depth knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, PC hardware and experience in local network support.