is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
We are currently helping our client, a growing spaceflight company, with a search for an Instructional Designer
- 6+ months
– Kent, WA - Local candidates only, please
Work sponsorship is not available at this time.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will design and develop eLearning and blended learning materials and courses for various spaceflight support and business organizations. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of professional and leadership development, business skills, and other skills development as necessary. This role will also manage the day-to-day stakeholder relationship, ensuring that the stakeholder is satisfied with the service and delivery. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Partner with key stakeholders to design, develop and deliver strategic learning offerings
- Apply best practices and principles of Instructional Systems Design
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and other developers to design, develop and deliver training courses to support identified business objectives and needs
- Leverage blended delivery approaches as well as rapid content development tools & processes
- Project manage training solution design, development, delivery and assessment activities
- Report the measured impact of a training offering to the various stakeholders
- Monitor, deliver, and interpret metrics for business impact, adoption, utilization, and alignment
- Perform occasional LMS administrative duties such as enrolling participants in courses and running completion reports.
- Education: Degree in Instructional Design, Corporate Training & Development or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Experience creating training courses for business and technical audiences
- Excellent project management skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbal/ written communication skills are required
- Good presentation skills
- Proficient knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Practical experience leveraging various multimedia tools, particularly Articulate 360, and multimedia-based delivery strategies (e.g., eLearning, virtual classroom, videos, simulations, etc )
- Demonstrated ability to apply adult learning and instructional design theory and principles
- Must be a results-driven, team player
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Aerospace, technology or manufacturing industry knowledge
- Practical experience in information design