is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
We are currently helping our client, a PNW Family Estate based in Seattle, with their search for a Technology Support Specialist.
– Contract - Long-Term Annually Renewing Dec. 31st
– Kirkland, WA (Covid Remote)
- Medical/Vision/Dental, 401K, PTO, HTO
**Work sponsorship is not available at this time**
This position is an equal mix of phone support, desk side support and remote support for external employees and requires professional phone etiquette, email etiquette, as well as exceptional troubleshooting skills. It is very important to know how to patiently present complex technical information to non-technical audiences, and the ability to design and deliver instructional training is also valuable.
This position has many responsibilities and is expected to come up to speed quickly on a wide array of systems, proprietary software, processes and user preferences. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Provide support to various business units and organizations. Currently supporting 2 companies fully, with auxiliary support for technology support staff for an additional 3 companies.
- Accept all incoming service requests and incidents; answer incoming calls, respond to email, walk-up, and web requests.
- Determine request type (e.g. service request, incident), priority and category for each call.
- Log 100% of all requests regardless of intake point (phone, email, walk-up, portal) in into ticketing system, adequately document all relevant details and all steps taken to provide resolution/closure to the request.
- Manage the request and ticketing lifecycle, including closure and verification.
- Trouble-shoot all problems with a goal of first contact resolution. Will use a variety of tools & resources to perform problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Triage all requests that are not immediately resolvable. Dispatch tickets to higher tier support personnel as necessary.
- Identify recurring incidents and flag for root cause analysis. Detects possible problems and opens problem records linked to the related incidents. Communicate trends in received calls to help desk management.
- Monitor the status and progress of all escalated incidents, maintains ownership of all incidents through closure.
- Coordinate communication/notifications as appropriate on escalated incident status to; customers, Application Support Analysts, and IT community.
- Final communication to the customer verifying incidents have been resolved and closing all escalated incidents.
- Image and deploy all enterprise laptops and desktops for all staff (FTE and Contractors).
- Create, and configure accounts in Active Directory and Exchange.
- Provide training and new user onboarding for all incoming FTE staff.
- Create and configure Distribution Lists and Security Groups in Active Directory.
- Ensure that all laptop and tablet hardware issued to personnel is fully encrypted.
- Work with vendors for all computer equipment warranty work/claims.
- Assist in maintaining the accuracy of user documentation.
- Post solutions to common problems as potential additions to the Help Desk Knowledge database, author knowledge entries, and work with team members to identify areas for support documentation and training.
- Work with higher tier support personnel to develop troubleshooting templates and other knowledgebase documentation.
- Maintain and update the corporate hardware and software inventory database to track warranty and license information.
- Provide offsite On-Call support on a rotating basis.
- Ownership of enterprise printing services.
- Maintain pools of loaner equipment (e.g. laptops) and properly track all loans to staff.
- Issue temporary security badges to FTE and Contractor personnel on a needed basis.
- May be scheduled to work any shift 7x24 and on holidays.
- Communicate technical details to non-technical individuals in person, in email, chat or over the phone.
- Exemplify a positive attitude and aptitude to learn about the business aviation industry.
- Anticipate users’ needs and takes initiative to leverage tools to enhance end-user experience.
- Concisely troubleshoot technical problems focusing on first contact resolution.
- Patience and persistence in the workplace while under pressure.
- Knowledgeable with current Windows O/S, OneDrive, O365, Exchange, Azure and cloud storage systems.
- Proficient with general back office and networking technologies.
- Familiar with managing and configuring iOS and Android mobile devices.