is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
We are currently helping our client, a growing spaceflight company, with a search for an Planning & Controls Specialist
- 12+ months
– Kent, WA - Local candidates only, please
Work sponsorship is not available at this time.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will participate in the management of an innovative and diverse space technology development portfolio. Our client is seeking a proactive, service-oriented individual with excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills. You will be responsible for supporting program planning, scheduling and execution within a fast-paced group developing the advanced technologies required to enable a future with millions of people living and working in space. In this hands-on position, you'll work to increase the speed and efficiency of the technical and programmatic teams by supporting the timely delivery, quality, and transparency of planning and execution data (schedule and financial), to support program decisions across the Advanced Tech portfolio. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and requires your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Accountable to program management for the development and tracking of multiple technology development project / program plans; specifically, program budget and control accounts, accurate forecasts of future work and the estimate to complete, and analysis of actual costs
- Develop and maintain the projects’ Integrated Master Schedule
- Develop and maintain the projects’ Estimate at Completion / Estimate to Completion
- Provide visibility into, status of, and regular reviews on financial and schedule performance
- Perform budget and schedule baseline change control, critical path analysis, and variance analysis
- Communicate issues to stakeholders and provide mitigation recommendations
- Resource load, analyze, and optimize program resource plan and schedule to meet required dates
- Collaborate with Responsible Engineers, Buyers, and Element Leads to status design efforts, critical procurements, and operations activities
- Perform “what if” scenarios and help develop recovery plans
- Integrate risk mitigation plans into the program plan
- Integrate cost and schedule to support budgeting and cost analysis efforts
- Develop specialized reporting as requested by upper management
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Project Management, or Engineering
- Broad/deep scheduling and planning skillset - proficiency with resource-loaded schedules using Primavera (P6), Open Plan, MS Project, or other software
- Experience with large project data sets, project planning efforts, and integrated schedules
- Experience in budgeting, cost analysis, and financial reporting
- 7+ years’ experience in hardware development programs, preferably Aerospace
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop, and maintain and Integrated Master Plan and fully networked, resource-loaded Integrated Master Schedule from scratch
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Jira, Confluence)
- Strong communication skills in technical work environments
- Analytical, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Attention-to-detail and high-level of accuracy
- Self-starter, with a strong bias for action
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Project Management certification (PMP/Certified Project Manager) or Program Management Office (PMO)
- Earned Value Management (EVM) experience (e.g. Control Account Management)Experience with Deltek, COBRA, or other cost/schedule integration tools
- Experience with government development contracts