View all jobs
Office Manager / Personal AssistantBellevue, WA
Hansell Tierney is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
Hansell Tierney is assisting our client, a family office, with their search for an Executive Assistant / Personal Assistant (Office Manager). The Family Office manages numerous business investments as well as personal affairs for the family. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with visionary business leaders to help them extend their reach and effect change through their personal investments and philanthropic efforts.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Manage the Family Office by providing assistance to the Principals and Office President and performing accounting duties for all entities within the portfolio
Office Management Responsibilities
- Provide administrative assistance to Family Principals including:
- Mailing packages
- Opening incoming packages
- Ordering items online
- Preparing travel arrangements
- Assisting with event planning
- Assist with special events
- Special Projects
- Maintain the office to ensure supplies are stocked
- Schedule and prepare the office for meetings
- Maintain the office calendar of important dates
- Maintain the services used at the office including:
- Television subscription
- Alarm monitoring
- Janitorial and carpet cleaning services
- Phone system
- Quickbooks online subscriptions
Filing/Other Administrative Duties
- Be at the office to collect deliveries and mail daily
- Special Projects
- Improve and Maintain the office paperless filing system using Office365/Onedrive
- Maintain all corporate books and required annual filings for all Family Principals and related entities
- Send out online blanket orders
- Tracking of personal purchases; jewelry, artwork, cars, etc. for insurance purposes
- Tracking of all real estate basis transactions
- Special Projects
- Process Accounts Payable in all entities; - the majority will be processed through bill.com, ensuring all invoices are approved for payment
- Billing for services
- Deposit checks as necessary
- Prepare and enter monthly and quarterly journal entries
- Reconcile all checking accounts
- Assist with Financial Reporting
Human Resources Oversight:
- Oversee hiring at home office and family residences. Formalize processes to ensure consistency and compliance with laws and regulations. Ensure all household staff employment status is appropriate.
- Manage home office and household employees. Management includes formalization of job description, establish annual goals, weekly meetings, performance management, development, and compensation review.
- Maintain a positive service culture which includes fostering a high-performance collaborative environment in which goals are met. Ensuring discretion and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Establish annual operating budget for family office and household maintenance.
- Review monthly financials and develop monthly operating report.
- Review and make recommendations to established financial reporting deadlines.
- Recommend and implement operational efficiencies without compromising service and/or quality.
- Review and implement internal controls relating to home office systems and household expenditures.
- Assure legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Identify and address financial and operational risks and ensure appropriate insurance coverage.
- Manage daily operations of family office.
- Manage requests from family members ensuring timely delivery of services.
- Work with owner and household employees/consultants to maintain upkeep, procurement and projects
- Identify and vet external resources to ensure all outside resources are well managed.
- Review, revise, formalize and oversee maintenance of processes for filing and record keeping, family travel, procurement and events.