is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
– LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
Work sponsorship is not available at this time.
We are currently helping our client with a search for an UX Researcher and Designer.
The User Experience Designer will be responsible for designing and carrying out UX research activities in coordination with our team’s Business Analysts, Technology Learning Specialist, and Change Manager to ensure we deeply understand the needs of our users, translate research findings into user-friendly interaction design mockups and wireframes, and help our customer-focused teams and product-focused teams turn UX insights into action. This person will typically have more than one project at the same time and will be expected to provide accurate estimates of work effort in order to balance multiple delivery dates and priorities. Your days will be full of fast-paced, exciting work and you’ll have a fun and supportive team to help you move things forward.
A successful candidate will be ready to dive in, take ownership, and work with high autonomy. This person will have a creative mindset, a track record for successful delivery, and a willingness to lead and teach others about the practice of user experience research and design.
- Analyze UX research and design needs for projects, define your research and design plans, and provide estimates of effort for your work
- Provide UX expertise, educating project teams and stakeholder groups on the benefits of UX research and design activities through written and presentation methods
- Carry out UX research activities, synthesize research findings, and present to project teams and stakeholder groups
- Create user-friendly interaction design mockups and wireframes, present to project teams and stakeholder groups
- Develop metrics to measure the impact of UX research and design activities, track metrics over time
- Identify opportunities to empower and elevate other members of IT in using UX research and design principles
- Advocate for user experience throughout analysis, design, and delivery of solutions
- 3+ years of experience designing and carrying out UX research and design activities
- Demonstrated experience working with technology delivery project teams, and an understanding of how to partner Business Analysts, Engineers, and Change Managers
- Knowledge of the Software Delivery Life Cycle and Project Lifecycle
- Demonstrated success working in cross-functional teams in a dynamic organization requiring flexibility, patience, creativity, and the ability to adjust work style to match audience for unique business solutions and changing priorities
- Experience using user research software and interaction design software
- Bonus: Experience using enterprise software such as O365, Slack, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Atlassian suite, etc.
- Customer experience mindset
- Ability to derive clear understanding of business problem/opportunity, solution, and scope, and demonstrate appropriate sense of urgency while remaining calm and balanced
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Adaptable self-starter who is skilled at creating right-sized structure in ambiguous environments
- A continuous improvement mindset – ability to give and receive feedback and always looking for opportunities to continually improve how we deliver solutions to our customers
- Works well in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment, both with a team and individually, working with a sense of urgency without sacrificing quality or accuracy